IMA Kuwait organizes an online public program on the lesson of Isra & Me’raj”.
“The prophet Muhammad (PBUH) led the prayer in Masjid Aqsa with all the prophets behind him, symbolizes that the leadership has been taken away from the previous Ummah (the followers of previous Prophets) and is now being bestowed upon the last Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) and his followers” said Maulana Sirajuddin Nadvi as the keynote speaker of online public program “The message of Isra and Me’raj” conducted by Indian Muslim Association Kuwait (IMA) Kuwait on Thursday 24 th Feb 2022 on Zoom. On this occasion he shed the light on the series of the events occurred during this journey. The Israa and Me’raj refers to, two parts of the miraculous journey that Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) took in one night from Makkah to Jerusalem and then an ascension to the Heavens. Israa is an Arabic word referring to Prophet Muhammad’s (PBUH) miraculous night journey from Makkah to Jerusalem – specifically, to the site of al-Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem – as referred in Surah Al-Israa in the Quran. It was followed by the Me’raj, his ascension to heaven. According to some of the authentic Hadith Scholars, this journey is taken place on 12 th year of prophethood before Prophet Muhammad migrated to from Makkah to Madina, on the 27th of Rajab.
The keynote speaker further elaborated that the event of Isra & Me’raj is one of the biggest turning points in the history of Islam, it was the time when the Islamic dawah started to reach out of Makkah in other regions of the Arabian Peninsula and the people from other tribes and clans came to hear and started to accept the dawah of Islam one by one. In fact, it was the time which played a decisive role in propagating the message of Islam among the others outside Makkah.
He further emphasized on the basic commandments for mankind and a best righteous society, in the light of Holy Quran Surah Al Israa Chapter 17, in verses 23 to 37 Surah, revealed on this occasion upon Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) as follows
- Worship to the Almighty Allah and obey His commands Only.
- Respect your parents with honor and dignity & be kind to them.
- Protect your parents with responsible manner and behavior.
- Help your kins & relatives who are helpless and resourceless.
- Don’t misuse or waste your money, it is an act of defying God.
- Show sympathy to the needy in case if you are unable to help them.
- Don’t be extravagant, maintain a balance in using your resources.
- Don’t kill your children out of the fear of poverty or starvation.
- Don’t even get close to Adultery or an illegitimate sexual relationship.
- Life is sacred so don’t kill anyone or authorize someone to take other’s life.
- Don’t misuse the property of an orphan under your guardianship until he reaches to the age of maturity.
- Always fulfill your commitments for which you will be held accountable.
- Do not follow blindly or believe something about which you don’t have knowledge.
- Don’t be arrogant and act in pretentious manner.
At last the session came to an end with a question & answer session covering the topic “ the lesson of Isra and Me’raj” moderated by Mr Mohammad Umar Falahi, Vice President- IMA KUWAIT. He paid thanks to the guest speaker and participants and he appreciated the relentless efforts taken by Mr Khaja Moinuddin ,Coordinator Social Reforms IMA, and his entire team for making this event successful. He finally prayed to Allah the Almighty to bless all and reward them in this life and also in life hereafter. The program was conducted by Mr Mirza Tanveer Beg. IMA Kuwait is an Indian socio-religious organization in Kuwait which carries out its various activities under the patronage of “Ministry of Awqaaf” & “Islamic Affairs”, Kuwait and Indian Embassy. IMA always focusses to provide platform for enhancement of expatriates living in Kuwait for their spiritual & social aspect through various programs & webinars. It looks forward for organizing various beneficial programs in future, considering the occasions and requirements of expatriates in general and specifically Indian community.