Introduction to IMA
Indian Muslim Association, popularly known as IMA started its humble beginning in Kuwait with the formation of an organization by name, ‘HALQA -E-FIKR–O-AMAL’ (Organization for thought and action) in the year 1975. The activities mainly were limited to holding Quran classes and celebrating special occasions.
After the liberation of Kuwait, Indian Muslim Association (IMA) formally came into existence in 1992 with the objective of promoting Islamic awareness among Indians Muslim expatriates through educational, cultural and social activities. Another prime objective of IMA is to promote goodwill and friendship among Muslims and various other communities & cultural groups of the Indian expatriates living in Kuwait in particular. IMA conducts its various social, cultural, educational and religious activities within the parameters of Kuwait’s regulations and in coordination with Ministry of Awkaf & Islamic Affairs and Islam Presentation Committee. IMA has its Youth Wing as well as Women's Wing to pursue its activities among various segments. For carrying out our activities smoothly IMA has formed 5 regional units in Salmiya, Abbasiya, Khaitan, Fahaheel & Kuwait City.
- IMA believes in Unity of Mankind and shall contribute for Universal brother hood, peace, tolerance, co-existence and communal amity.
- Promoting Inter-religious harmony, friendship & goodwill among various communities living in Kuwait. To attain this purpose IMA conducts programs and activities such as Get-Togethers, lectures, Seminars, Workshops, Sports activities, Educational & cultural picnics etc. IMA shall maintain cordial relationship with various social organizations.
- Participating & supporting for Educational upliftment and social welfare activities.
- Providing financial assistance to the victims irrespective of their cast and creed during the time of calamities like flood, earth quakes, riots etc.
- Promote religious awareness among the Indian Muslim community. For this purpose weekly Quran & Hadith classes are arranged in all the 5 zones. Friday Sermons are also arranged in some of the masjids.
- Each year during the summer vacation, 2 months Summer Islamic classes are organized for the benefits of students irrespective of caste or creed.
- IMA also conducts ‘Eid Get together’ where community leaders irrespective of their religious or social back ground are invited.
- IMA Organizes events like yearly Family Picnic for interaction in between families.
- Membership Strength : 250
- Zonal Units : 5
- Youth Wing
- Women's Wing
- Andra Muslim Association
- Tamilnadu Muslim Association
- Karnataka Muslim Welfare Association
- Maharastra Muslim Association